- how students explain and support their thinking in writing;
- student use of the writing process;
- students’ summarization skills;
- student use of subject specific vocabulary/terminology;
- students’ written responses to questions;
- student writing of conclusions in science labs;
- students’ report writing skills;
- the transfer of student knowledge of writing forms (from one context to another).
In second semester, the work of the Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) inquiry teams is more focused as teacher give diagnostic assessments and gather results that will inform their teaching and their selection of instructional strategies. Over the coming weeks, I will post items that relate to the topics, activities and instructional strategies explored by the WAC teams.